this guy is living in 3098…iconic
A real-life recipe for Kanto’s regional treat: Pewter Crunchies.
This snack mix is crunchy and flavorful, and you can make a big batch for yourself and your Pokemon, because the salesman in Pewter City only sells one bag a day. Recipe below, or you can watch it live here!
What you need:
- 2 cups cups Kix cereal
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup white cheddar crackers
- 4 TBL butter
- 1 TBL Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Schichimi pepper flake or chili powder
- ½ tsp miso paste or soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- Coarse salt, a pinch or two
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, oyster crackers, and white cheddar crackers. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, place butter, Worcestershire sauce, miso paste, honey, and Schichimi pepper flake. Cook over low heat until everything is combined and butter is melted. Mix to ensure the miso paste is dissolved.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the reserved cracker mix. Stir to combine. Test for seasoning, and add salt to taste. Place on a cookie sheet in a flat even layer. Bake in a 250 degree oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Keep crunchies in an airtight container. Serve at parties, or horde for yourself.
this is the only food critic I’ll accept at my restaurant.
Feeding your animals (safe) but new-to-them foods is botha great source of enrichment for the and endless hilarity for you. I reccomend green beans because they’re unwieldly for them to eat so its an involved process.